Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A bit about me

My name is Matt. I am Australian. I grew up in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, meaning that I am a Mormon. I am also gay or, as people in the church tend to refer to it, same sex attracted (SSA) or same gender attracted (SGA). I really dislike the term SGA as it doesn't mean what most people think it does (take a look at my blog post on terminology)
I've started this blog because I want to help others (gay, straight, bisexual, questioning, Mormon or non mormon) to understand. I also want particularly to be of encouragement to anyone else who is Mormon and SSA as we face unique challenges which many people do not fully understand.
I don't want to force my beliefs onto anyone else but would rather like to express myself so that others understand the joys and struggles faced by those who are both mormon and attracted to the same sex.
So welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment